9428 Brookline Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70809       225-926-5314



Need Help with PPP (Payroll Protection Program) Call the Office Today

The IRS urges grandparents, foster parents, or people caring for siblings or other relatives to check their eligibility to receive the 2021 Child Tax Credit. It's important for people who might qualify for this credit to review the eligibility rules to make sure they still qualify.

  • Taxpayers can use the Interactive Tax Assistant to check eligibility.
  • Taxpayers who haven't qualified in the past should also check because they may now be able to claim the credit. To receive it, eligible individuals must file a 2021 federal tax return.

Call 225-926-5314 to schedule your face to face appointment

You can submit your documents via the 'taxes to go' app


Planning ahead is so important when it comes to filling your taxes. Take the pressure out of tax prep and help make sure you never miss a deduction with these key tips:

  1. Choose a Preparer.
  2. Schedule an Appointment.
    • The sooner you meet with your preparer, the sooner you can begin the process (even if you get an extension, as discussed later). It is especially important to act promptly if you anticipate a refund so you can receive your money promptly. If you wait too long to schedule an appointment, you may not get to see your preparer before April 15, which could mean you won’t be advised of actions that can still lower your current  year tax bill, such as your eligibility for making deductible contributions to IRAs and health savings accounts for the current tax year..
  3. Gather Your Information Returns.
    • Make sure you have homeowner’s policy’s, W2’s, Investment docs, and mortgage papers. This is not a complete list; the IRS has information on the many other types of information returns you may need
    1. Form W-2, if you have a job
    2. Form SSA-1099, if you received Social Security benefits
    3. Various 1099s to report income such as cancellation of debt (1099-C), dividends(1099-D), interest (1099-INT), and nonemployee compensation paid to independent contractors (1099-MISC) (Note: Brokers don't have to mail Form 1099-B, which reports gains and losses on securities transactions, until January 31.)
    4. Form 1095-A to report information from the government Marketplace from which you purchased health coverage
    5. Various 1098s reporting mortgage interest (1098), student loan interest (1098-E) and tuition payments (1098-T)
    6. Form W-2Gs for certain gambling winnings
    7. Schedule K-1s from entities in which you have an ownership interest, such as S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, trusts or estates (Note: You may not have received them yet; they are due by the first March 15 following the end of the partnership's tax year; check with the entity if one doesn't arrive.)
  1. Get Your Receipts Together.
    • We suggest saving and sorting them throughout the year so nothing gets lost or missed
  2. Gather Records for Charitable Contributions.
  3. Make a List of Personal Information.
    • Social Security number
    • Address, email, and contact phone number
    • Occupation and place of employment
    • Marital status
    • List of dependants or any other adults in the home that you claim and their Social Security numbers
  4. Decide What to Do About a Refund
    • If you expect a refund, you have several options for what you want the government to do:
    • Apply some or all of the refund toward your tax bill on the next return. The fund will be used for estimated taxes, reducing or eliminating the first installment of estimated taxes (due April 15).
    • Send you a check or deposit the refund directly into your checking or savings account.
    • Directly contribute some or all of your refund to certain types of accounts (IRAs, health savings accounts, education savings accounts) or to buy U.S. Savings bonds through Treasury Direct.

       8. Find a Copy of Last Year’s Return

       9. Decide Whether to Ask for a Filing Extension

    • If you need more time to complete all of these tasks, you can request a filing extension to October 15th. This will avoid any late-filing penalty, but be sure to pay what you think you’ll owe to minimize or avoid any late-payment penalty. There’s no extension beyond April 15 for paying the tax that is due.